CommuniCare Health Services Mobile Pharmacy QA Technician in Washington, District Of Columbia
Mobile Pharmacy QA Technician
The CommuniCare Family of Companies owns and operates healthcare facilities in multiple states including MD and VA. Due to growth we are seeking a Pharmacy Technician to join our team. The position is a full-time position that will travel to facilities in the Maryland and Virginia Markets. We are seeking a caring and compassionate individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
The Pharmacy QA Technician shall provide audit services on all aspects of medication storage, labelling, administration, and pharmacy services related to such within the Facility in accordance with Applicable Law and the State Operations Manual (SOM), Appendix PP. The position shall work in conjunction with the Communicare Consultant Pharmacist who oversees all aspects of pharmaceutical services in the Maryland & Virginia Territory.
The QA Technician will be required to travel regularly (including overnights) to our skilled nursing facilities in the Maryland and Virginia areas. All business related travel will be paid for by the Company.
The QA Technician will assist the skilled nursing facilities and consultant pharmacist to ensure facility compliance with regulations and standards of practice related to medication storage and administration through regular inspections and audits at the facility.
· Must complete and file inspection reports in a timely fashion and discuss key points with facility leadership (DON or ED if not available) prior to exiting the facility.
· Inform divisional and regional leadership teams of audits and report findings timely to them. Immediately contact them for any issues that may lead to potential harm to a resident
· Prepare medication returns and tracking of them when required.
· Perform MAR to Cart audits when requested
· Great customer service, a team attitude and self-motivation are a must.
Qualifications & Requirements
· Valid pharmacist technician license in the state of practice, if applicable
· Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Previous LTC/SNF experience highly preferred
· Engaging and energetic
· Team player
· Excellent listening & investigative skills
· Ability to learn and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
· Self-starter, independent worker
· Excellent communicator
· Compassionate and patient
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.