Oracle Data Scientist/Engineer in Trenton, New Jersey
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse big data sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 2 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree preferred.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Oracle Utilities Analytics Insights (OUAI) Data Science & Analytics | Data Analyst *
At Oracle Utilities, we’re applying cutting-edge computer science to one of humanity’s greatest challenges: Energy. We are looking to hire a Data Analyst to take OUAI clients and R&D to new heights. In this role you will work with our talented and growing team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts to plan, execute, and deliver actionable analytic insights to electric, water, and gas utilities through the OUAI (Oracle Utilities Analytics Insights) product and its 100TB of cloud-hosted data. Our analytics team works actively across the product/R&D and client management teams to define analyses based on customer needs, build quick solutions and then works on productizing those solutions in a repeatable and generalizable way as part of product. We use a combination of technology and platforms such as MySQL, R, Python, and our proprietary tools, to execute these analyses and drive value.
We use smart meter data and cutting-edge cloud platforms to learn how a number of devices deployed by utilities across the grid operate, with more projects like this on our roadmap. We are looking for someone passionate about the energy/water space who wants to use data science to drive meaningful societal impact. This function cuts across data science and model implementation in production systems.
Position reports to Lead Data Scientist – OUAI.
· Efficiently execute well-defined, discrete analytic tasks based on the needs of client, as communicated by the client management team;
· Work with client management team and our customers to define and take ownership of scope, intermediate deliverables, and timelines around larger-scale analytic deliverables;
· Work with application management team, and where necessary, other members of the analytics team to efficiently execute larger-scale analytic deliverables and operationalize the results;
· Identify recurring problems and bottlenecks that might be improved through upgrades to our software product, new technologies in the analytics team infrastructure, or further research into statistical methodology.
· MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics or other STEM field;
· 1-3 years of professional work experience in a data analytics role involving customer-facing deliverables and internal team coordination;
Prior experience and expertise in smart metering data is a big plus, but strong candidates without this experience will also be considered.
· Prior experience framing and conducting analyses in a relational database environment (e.g. Oracle DB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL) and through spreadsheet-based tools;
· Prior experience with programming languages (e.g. Python) and statistical programming languages (e.g. R, SAS, SPS, etc.) strongly preferred;
· A passion for and curiosity about new big data analytics technologies and methods;
· Strong written & oral communication skills;
· Prior experience working in complex data environments within the energy and utility industry preferred. A successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
Ability to write SQL queries and capability to do exploratory analysis on structured data.
Ability to write well structured, testable Python or PySpark code to implement use cases using Machine Learning techniques in a production grade environment.
Prior experience working as a data scientist in role that at a minimum requires creation of "proof of concept" data science models.
Ability and willingness to be able to use OUAI’s proprietary tool to recreate or build rule-based solutions to analytics problems, mostly classification
Breadth and depth across machine learning techniques: specifically Deep Learning (using TF/Keras or other frameworks), as well as other ML techniques to re-create ML equivalents of legacy rule-based classification algorithms.
Model evaluation and validation expertise, should be demonstrated as a consequence of having to do this in current work developing ML models.
Ability to work closely with other stakeholders in the client delivery organization for OUAI (Customer success and Implementation Engineering)
Be a team player and be willing to delve into the details of the product to make sure clients are seeing value.
Job: *Business Operations
Title: *Data Scientist/Engineer *
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 210009CG
Other Locations: US-TX,Texas-Austin, US-MN,Minnesota-Minneapolis