ALDI Accounting Assistant in Royal Palm Beach, Florida
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Behind every great deal at ALDI are people working to bring it all together. Our team of administrative professionals tackle the ins and outs of running a well-oiled business as they collaborate and support the operations of our National Service & divisional offices. And that helps our network of stores and warehouses run smoothly. Ready to join a team dedicated to making the ALDI Difference?
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $21.50/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Conducts the division accounting functions accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with company guidelines.
• Prepares and processes journal entries, reviews automatic postings for cash, assets, expenses, and inter-company charges, and reconciles designated General Ledger accounts per the company guidelines.
• Generates financial reports to quantify operating results and provide information for management decision making.
• Processes sales and use tax payments to comply with any federal, state, and local tax reporting requirements.
• Compiles and explains designated General Ledger balances at year end in accordance with company guidelines.
• Maintains accuracy of asset information and expertise in computer applications.
• Works proactively to identify, investigate, and report irregularities within designated area of responsibility.
• Conducts training and cross training of knowledge and expertise within area of responsibility.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Associate’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand, reconcile, and substantiate balances in specified General Ledger accounts.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a profession and efficient manner.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Knowledge of the process for recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transactions in accordance with company, statutory, tax, cost, and reporting requirements.
• Ability to integrate various journal entries and balances to create financial statements and reports.
• Proficient in typing and data entry.
• Displays expense and cost control in decision making.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Knowledge of common filing procedures.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.