Phillips 66 Laboratory Superintendent - Rodeo Refinery in Rodeo, California
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Under the general direction of the Technical Services Manager, the Laboratory Superintendent provides leadership/supervision to laboratory employees and manages daily operations plans while assuring compliance with established safety and environmental regulations, programs, and procedures
Responsibilities may include :
- Planning, directing and monitoring work activities of all Laboratory employees, including chemists, laboratory technicians and continuous/periodic contractors
- Developing the skills and capability of lab personnel
- Providing coaching to less experienced employees in support of talent development efforts
- Coordinating the control lab testing and product certification
- Responsible for product quality and associated management systems including:
Ensuring transportation fuels testing, product release procedures and records required for government are maintained, audited and accurate
Auditing third party labs to verify their capability
Serving as the primary Laboratory liaison for Operations. Maintains good working relationships with internal/external customers including unit operators, optimization engineers, product blenders, etc.
Ensuring laboratory instruments/equipment are properly maintained and repaired to assure business continuity
Ensuring that the measurements systems are monitored and in statistical control
Having overall responsibility for LIMS and other systems related to laboratory testing and results monitoring
- Serving as active member of the Phillips 66 Lab/Chemist Network
- Developing and managing departmental expense budget
- Monitoring laboratory capability and implementing improvement action plans, as needed
- Developing/implementing policies and guidelines, ensuring conformance to established company and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the timely handling of incident reporting, payroll, vacation, maintenance work orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.
- Ensuring the effective administration of Labor Agreement provisions as they relate to Laboratory business activities
- Participating in the resolution of any Laboratory issues or grievances
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 or more years of direct lab experience
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- 10 or more years of experience in a laboratory environment with extensive knowledge of applicable ASTM. EPA, Federal, State and local regulatory requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or a related discipline
- Prior experience with transportation fuels testing and product certification
- Direct refining experience with emphasis on product blending, analysis and certification
- Experience working within a represented workforce (union)
- Ability to encourage continuous improvement and drive results-oriented team
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated abilities in collaboration, problem solving and conflict resolution
- SAP experience
- Experience with statistical process control
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Supv: Adaptability—Readily Adapt
- Supv: Building Collaborative Relationships—Relate Well To Others
- Supv: Communication—Communicate Effectively
- Supv: Results Orientation—Show Initiative
- Supv: Strategic Thinking—Understand Strategies
- Supv: Talent Enhancement—Develop And Retain Talent
- Supv: Judgment—Analyze Issues And Solve Problems
The San Francisco Refinery is comprised of two facilities linked by a 200-mile pipeline. The Rodeo facility is located in the San Francisco Bay area, while the Santa Maria facility is located in Arroyo Grande, CA. The refinery's crude oil processing capacity is 120 MBD. The refinery processes mainly heavy, high-sulfur crude oil.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 28, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49901
Department: Rodeo Refinery
Location: United States - California - Rodeo
Job Field: Research