Pitney Bowes ADVISORY SOFTWARE ENGINEER in Pune, India
Job Location - Noida
As an Advisory, you will be part of the IT team that develops, deploys, supports and maintains mission critical and large-scale distributed enterprise applications. You will be involved in ensuring the availability of the Products and the infrastructure on which they are hosted. You will be learning about the supported products and related technologies. You will be working closely and collaborating with the Product Managers and SMEs in carrying out your day to day activities. You will also be coordinating across various infrastructure teams while supporting the products that are part of the team. You will have access to various deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting tools that you would be using to do the job.
• Communicate with the product development teams in several geographical locations to produce requirements for infrastructure, networking and operations toolsets necessary to provision and maintain product lines.
• Working with other senior engineers across technology team to drive forward infrastructure and service automation efforts
• Strong in Application Designing and developing high quality software for large scale AWS/Java/Spring/Hibernate/AWS/Micro-service Applications.
• Experience establishing legacy modernization and migration roadmaps for large scale applications and building applications using service-oriented, microservice, and/or API based architectures at an enterprise scale
• Work with SysOps/DevOps colleagues as required to support Production environments and deployments.
• Building and maintaining of secure continuous deployment pipelines and automating continuous security monitoring and alerting using cloud capabilities.
• Organize and facilitate outage event management activities including outage status communication, problem determination activities and root cause analysis
• Capture and reporting of application availability metrics
• Coordinating and planning application deployments
• Development of automated application deployment scripts
• Demonstrate Ownership and accountability
• Demonstrate leadership and drive the team to achieve goals
• Ability to work as a team and individually for troubleshooting/investigating problems
• Ability to coordinate with Infrastructure support teams and get things done
Required Qualifications & Skills
This is a critical service delivery role requiring experience with complex datacenter with cloud and non-cloud hosting environments. Pitney Bowes product hosting solutions leverage multiple technologies in complex data center and cloud environments that support multi-tiered high-availability applications. The role requires a talented self-directed individual with a strong work ethic and the following skills:
Must to have
• Experience, knowledge, and/or training with visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview)
o B. Tech/M. Tech (Comp. Sc.) or MCA or a similar qualification
o 8+ years of experience in large scale Enterprise Java applications and Cloud Architecture (including Data, Security, application architecture)
o Understanding of software development lifecycle stages required to enhance and mature CI/CD pipeline, automated tests and DevOps tooling.
o Proven track record with successful implementations (using Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL Server Database).
o Strong knowledge of Automation testing framework design and architecture for large scale applications.
o Strong knowledge of DevOps technologies and processes related to cloud solutions. Things like Ansible, Jenkins, Nexus, GitLab – Linux and Windows
o Solid understanding of CICD both using pipelines and abstractions (convention vs configuration)
o Configuration management using Ansible, Chef or Puppet
o Experience troubleshooting complex production incidents in cloud-based applications and services
Good to have
o Java Spring Boot programming skills and multiple framework exposure
o AWS Certified Solution Architect (Professional or Associate)
o Understanding of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends with an emphasis on AWS (primary) & Google/Azure (secondary) ecosystems and commonly deployed third-party tools
Qualification & work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or Computer Engineering required
• 3+ exp in AWS
• 2 + exp in Front End – Angular.
Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions powering billions of physical and digital transactions in the connected and borderless world of commerce. Helping clients achieve their greatest commerce potential are Pitney Bowes' 12,000+ passionate employees around the world, our relentless pursuit of innovation with over 2,300 active patents, and our focus on clients, who are at the center of all that we do - from small businesses to 90% of the Fortune 500.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.