AdventHealth Director - Diversity and Inclusion FT Days in Maitland, Florida
Director – Diversity and Inclusion FT Days - AdventHealth Maitland
Location Address: 901 North Lake Destiny Road, Maitland, FL 32751
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Maitland
- Established in 1908, AdventHealth is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The Maitland Office Plaza houses our highly skilled teams that support our hospital system including Marketing, Patient Financial Services, Revenue Management, the Credit Union and Human Resources. The Trickel Building, a two-story office structure, creates an atmosphere of health and healing, with a healthy-style café and quaint chapel. The main lobby is filled with lush greenery and a light trickle of water, creating a holistic environment.
- Full Time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Develops and executes the CFD diversity and inclusion strategy that aligns to the organization's objectives and aligns with corporate strategy and vision. Establishes an implementation (and associated communication) plan with strategies, tactics, timelines, and metrics including an annual progress update to governance, associates, and physicians
- Collaborates closely with Corporate leadership to ensure alignment of diversity and inclusion and health equity strategies to enhance diversity and inclusion strategies, tools, processes and information being disseminated to leaders and team members.
- Develops both professional and personal credibility and trust with leadership teams, governance, physicians, caregivers, volunteers and our community. Builds and fosters relationships with internal partners and external organizations to develop, advocate, and implement diversity and inclusion strategies and deliverables.
- Leads the division D&I council as well as development and implementation of Business Resource Groups.
- Leads the development of inclusive leadership practices and behaviors that are embedded into day to day operations at AdventHealth. Educates leaders across the organization on diversity and inclusion best practices and effective implementation as part of our culture. Consults with leaders to provide coaching and strategic direction for increasing historically underrepresented minorities into leadership roles. Coaches and develops D&I capability within organizations.
- In partnership with the VP of Organizational Culture and other executives, ensures Human Resources policies, procedures, and processes recognize diversity and inclusion. Educates leaders around an unbiased recruitment process. Supports local, state, regional, and national pipeline programs in health care professions to increase diversity amongst our caregivers (including physicians). Partners with Human Resources leadership and team to facilitate and monitor the employment, retention, and unbiased progression of a diverse workforce.
- Drives division wide strategy that promotes Language Access by partnering with the Interpreter Services Manager to support patient/department needs and metrics.
- Designs metrics for D&I programs and measures their business impact. Analyzes data sources, conducting analyses to properly assess progress in CFD against objectives, providing regular and timely insights and using the insights to drive relevant and impactful diversity and inclusion efforts. Creates and sustains viable dashboards/scorecards to monitor and track progress.
- Oversees the day to day planning and implementation of CFD wide educational programs, services and special events related to diversity.
- Serves as an advocate, mentor, resource, and support for the organization’s development, concerns, and issues related to social justice, diversity, inclusion.
- Represents AdventHealth in our Community Diversity, equity and inclusion efforts and collaborates with other community leaders to advance diversity and inclusion goals.
- Assesses and communicates diversity and inclusion industry trends and best practices. Adjusts plans as appropriate to align with best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Business Management or related fields
- Three years of progressive experience working in Human Resources, Education, OE field or related field
- 2 years progressive experience leading teams to high performance.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Master's degree in related field
- Five years of experience in diversity and inclusion or related field
- Five years progressive experience leading teams to high performance
The Director of Diversity & Inclusion will provide collaborative and operational leadership by cultivating a culture of social justice, diversity, inclusion and belonging for each team member. The director for diversity and inclusion ensures diversity and inclusion are part of the fabric of CFD through our values and mission. The D&I Director provides leadership to our social justice initiatives in the context that we always root our words and actions in our Adventist faith beliefs and organizational mission and vision, core values and brand.
Works with corporate division, leaders, physicians, team members and the community to provide leadership in developing and implementing strategic initiatives to support an organizational workforce and culture that is inclusive and respectful of the various backgrounds and cultures that are reflected in our patients and the communities we serve. Responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of Diversity programs, budgetary oversight, and forecasting. Partners with and provides oversight for strategies that support Language Access and the Interpreter Services department. Responsible for representing our diversity and inclusion efforts extending into the community. Delivers on the budget requirements and key strategy deliverables to senior executive leadership. Leads the diversity and inclusion team in all functions of diversity and inclusion. Works closely with our corporate team in ensuring diversity and inclusion is reflected in all actions of the organization. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.