Marriott Director of Safety & Security in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job Number 21004673
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location Assila a Luxury Collection Hotel Jeddah, 2993 Al Amir Muhammad Ibn Abdul Aziz Street, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Assila+a+Luxury+Collection+Hotel+Jeddah%2C2993+Al+Amir+Muhammad+Ibn+Abdul+Aziz+Street%2CJeddah%2CSaudi+Arabia%2CSA)
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Management
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
Manages security operations on a daily basis. Areas of responsibilities include the protection and safety of property assets, employees, guests and property, accident and fire prevention and response. Ensures that all areas of the property are safe and secure. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security Operations
• Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
• Recommends follow-up action for security breaches.
• Conducts investigation of all losses of property assets and refers to proper management for disposition.
• Deploys security staff to effectively monitor and protect property assets.
• Comply with all Corporate Security safety and security management guidelines and procedures.
• Completes proper documentation and reports all employee accident and general liability incidents to Claims Reporting Service.
• Conduct periodic patrols of entire property and parking areas.
• Recognize success across areas of responsibility.
• Handles guest problems and complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Identifies and makes recommendations for minimizing physical hazards and unsafe work practices.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Maintains required reports and documentation regarding patrols of property and parking areas.
• Provides means for obtaining necessary medical attention on a timely basis.
• Conducts hourly employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Complete disciplinary procedures and documentation according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Maintain first aid and CPR certifications required for Security officers.
• Implements local authority requirement for security and safety.
Leading Security Teams
• Attends pre- and post-convention and weekly forecast meetings to understand group needs and gather critical information to communicate to security officers.
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Incorporates guest safety and satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Assists in minimizing cost of accident claims through aggressive claims management.
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Administer property policies fairly and consistently.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Develops and maintains a working relationship with local law enforcement authorities.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Provides guidance in setting health and safety policies and standards.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.