Goddard School Lead Teacher - Pre-K in Issaquah, Washington
Lead Teacher - Pre-K
At a time when so many talented, wonderful teachers have found themselves the victims of layoffs or vastly reduced hours, we are hiring and planning for our future. The Goddard School located in Issaquah is seeking a full-time Lead Teacher to join our amazing staff and lead one of our Pre-K classrooms!
The Goddard School is a leader in the childcare industry and provides high quality early childhood education to children. Our philosophy is based on academic research that shows children experience the deepest, most genuine learning when they are having fun.
We are looking for candidates with excellent experience and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility in the classroom. Candidates must be flexible and able to work an eight-hour shift.
We provide a thorough orientation process to introduce you to our program and we foster the continuing education of all our employees. Our program will pair you with a dedicated Assistant Teacher to support you in the classroom and we have also invested heavily in technology to aid you in writing and executing curriculum as well as communicating efficiently and effectively with parents.
Benefits for Full-Time Lead Teacher Positions:
- Competitive salary $18 - $22 per hour DOE
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, Vision, $10,000 Life Insurance Policy, SIMPLE IRA (up to 3% matching)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- CPR/First-Aid Training PAID for by employer
- BBP Training PAID for by employer Initial Basic 30 Training (STARS) PAID for by employer Ten Annual STARS Hours PAID by employer through Professional Development and Faculty Meetings
- More than three weeks off per year with holidays, school closures and PTO
- Continuing Education Opportunities through STARS and Goddard Systems University, including $350 stipend upon CDA completion (if needed)
- Faculty referral bonuses
Lead Teacher Requirements and Responsibilities:
- CDA/AA/Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education preferred Minimum Requirements: A current CDA + 8 aligned college credits OR 20 aligned college credits OR Washington ECE Short Certificate (20 credits)
- Plan for and write daily curriculum based on Washington State’s Early Learning Standards & Guidelines
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day class management
- Work to improve quality and consistency of care for all children
- Meet the school's requirements spanning quality assurance, curriculum, and activities
- Comply with all state and local regulations Ability to work with faculty and children from a variety of backgrounds and cultures; promotes diversity in the classroom Comply with The Goddard School’s Health & Safety standards (Quality Assurance)
Maintain child portfolios and continuous child assessments Additional Requirements:
Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Current and cleared TB test by first day of employment
- Proof of MMR immunization by first day of employment
- Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid, Blood-borne Pathogens certification within first 90 days
- Clean background check and good references (at least one supervisory reference required)
- STARS/MERIT participation per state guidelines
- Applicants should be patient, courteous and professional
To learn more about The Goddard School, please visit our website - www.goddardschool.com
To apply for this position directly on our career website or to see other job openings we may have at our school, please visit - https://sites.hireology.com/goddardissaquahwa/index.html