Cygnus Home Service, LLC dba Schwan's Home Service Senior Warehouse Associate in Fremont, California
Job ID: SENIO06282
As a Senior Warehouse Associate you will lead the day-to-day tasks of the warehouse. You will be responsible for the training and onboarding of new team members. Top performers can have the opportunity to grow into various roles within the company including, Route Sales Representatives, Area Manager and more! Show us what you got!
Position Type: Full-time with Benefits!
Starting Wage: $21.00
Duties and Responsibilities:
• You unload frozen food product up to 50 pounds from semis into warehouse freezers.
• You load frozen food from warehouse freezers into delivery trucks.
• Safety is our number one priority! You will be trained on how to safely back up trucks for loading and driving them through depot lot.
• Inventory Control of our trucks and freezer.
• Care for our products, trucks, clean environment, culture and team members.
• Use lists to dispense and receive information including product codes and customer pre-orders.
• General upkeep of facility including cleaning and/or maintenance.
• The hours vary by location and size of the depots, but generally this position is an overnight shift, i.e. 2am – 10:30am, 4am – 12:30pm.
• Eligible for vacation, health, dental and vision plans plus more great benefits.
To ensure that your safety we provide the proper protective clothing, including, freezer jackets, boots, gloves and glasses. We also provide safety training in driving our trucks, proper lifting, use of equipment, and general warehouse safety.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 2+ years of related warehouse experience preferred
• 2+ years of supervisor experience preferred
• Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including appropriate driver's license and medical certification. NO CDL license required
• Values of honesty, responsibility, reliability and team support
• Comfortable with computer technology; i.e hand-held computers, running reports, MS Office programs; or have a willingness to learn
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work physically in freezer environments for 4-8 hours per day, loading and unloading trucks, and standing for 8-hour shifts
• Ability to work independently for part or all of shift
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at Schwan’s!
Schwan’s Home Service is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Licenses & Certifications