ALDI Store Shift Manager in Compton, California
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles - from store associate to cashier to stocker - while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you're also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It's an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $19.00/manager hour worked ($14.50/hour plus 4:50/hour when performing manager duties)
Base rate will increase after 6 months of employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Alternates between Shift Manager and Store Associate duties on a rotating basis as established by store management.
• Supervises daily job responsibilities of store personnel in the absence of management.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
• Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Monitors the competitive environment within the community and informs their direct leader regarding adjustments necessary to maintain ALDI’s competitive position.
• Provides product feedback to their direct leader, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
• Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
• Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
• Ensures store personnel comply with the company’s customer satisfaction guidelines and demonstrate appropriate interactions with customers and co-workers.
• Ensures an appropriate resolution of operational customer concerns in management’s absence.
• Ensures a safe environment for employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
• Takes store inventory counts according to guidelines and ensures that proper stock levels are maintained through appropriate product ordering and CGO-S parameter maintenance as directed by their direct leader.
• Ensures proper store signage is maintained at all times.
• Ensures the quality and freshness of products and merchandises product neatly to maximize sales.
• Ensures store personnel comply with all established company policies and procedures.
• Assists store management with achieving the store payroll and total loss budget.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
• Assures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate equipment including electric and manual hand jacks, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
• Ability to perform general cleaning duties to store standards.
• Ability to recommend, interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to perform basic administrative duties such as filing and filling out forms.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to supervise store personnel in management’s absence to ensure the timely and effective completion of work assignments.
• Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs and overtime expenses.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds on shelving at various heights.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.