Eurofins Laboratory Technician I Extractions - 743999718859301-2643 in Burlington, Vermont
This job was posted by https://www.vermontjoblink.com : For more information, please see: https://www.vermontjoblink.com/ada/r/jobs/688327 Company Description
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 4.56 billion Euros, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins Test America is searching for a Laboratory Technician I Extractions in Burlington, VT.
The Laboratory Technician I Extractions, using general laboratory methods, techniques,equipment, and instrumentation in compliance with Eurofins TestAmerica's Quality Assurance programs and SOP's, supports laboratory operations through general maintenance of laboratory and supply storage areas, equipment, instruments, and supplies.
n Laboratory Technician I Extractions responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following n: n
• Retrieves samples from Sample Control for analysis.
• Performs sample preparation which may include, but is not limited to, a combination of the following methods:
o Aliquot samples
o Spike and trace samples
o Prepare reagents
o Bottle samples
o Prepare concentrations
o Liquid rack set up
• Resolves discrepancies and anomalies to ensure samples are properly
• Prepares general laboratory paperwork such as recording analysis results,
• tracking samples, bench sheets, and laboratory logbooks.
• Washes laboratory glassware to prepare for next day's samples.
• Stocks laboratory supplies.
• Cleans work area(s) to maintain a safe working environment.
• Assists other laboratory areas as needed.
n The ideal candidate would possess n: n
• General knowledge of chemistry and/or general science
• Basic mathematical skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to learn quickly and multi-task
• Work independently
• Work within time constraints
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Burlington, VT are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.
nTo learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com . n
n Basic Minimum Qualifications n: n
• High school diploma or equivalent
• High school Chemistry coursework, basic lab ratory experience
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
nEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. n