CommonSpirit Health RN ED in BREMERTON, Washington
Harrison Medical Center is an award winning hospital for Cardiology, Intensive Care and Oncology. We are located on the beautiful Washington State Peninsula offering an incredible variety of outdoor life including hiking, boating and skiing. We are part of the CHI Franciscan System and are a non-profit organization.
Harrison Medical Center is one of only four hospitals in the state to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation, which recognizes health care organizations for their commitment to ensuring excellence in the nursing profession.
Our state of the art Emergency Department is comprised of 36 private rooms, including two trauma rooms. Our outstanding staff provide compassionate, high quality care that is respectful and patient and family-centered. Our nurses utilize advanced technology and evidence-based guidelines in caring for our patients. Our patient population includes all types of critically ill cases such as sepsis, MI, trauma caused by falls, COPD, CHF and renal failure to name a few. We have a Cath Lab on site and can take code STEMI patients 24/7.
What we Offer:
• Team Scheduling
• Over 150 Free CEU classes
• Pay for certification
• Competitive Pay and Benefits
Demonstrates competent professional practice and engages in opportunities for professional growth.
Demonstrates self-accountability to meet stated deadlines for all mandatory requirements.
Provides health care education and guidance to patient and their families.
Educates regarding results, findings and diagnoses to patient and the patient’s family within scope of practice.
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
• Minimum 6 months previous RN experience required.
• Previous Emergency experience or Critical Care experience within the last 2 years preferred
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
• Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
• Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (1-month grace period allowed for ACLS if expired).
• Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within twelve months of date of hire. Certification must be maintained as current thereafter.
• National Institutes of Health Strokes Scale (NIHSS) certification within six months of date of hire, and maintained as current thereafter.
• Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) OR Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within twelve months of date of hire.
Certification(s) must be maintained as current thereafter.
Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request . We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2020-130859
Employment Type Part Time
Department Emergency Services
Hours Per Pay Period 48
Facility CHI Franciscan Harrison Health
Standard Hours 700-1930
Work Schedule 12 Hour