Cisco Sr. Network Engineer - IoT in Bangalore, India
Who You will Work With
The right candidate will collaborate with Network Architects, Servers, Developers, DBA, Security, Application, and NOC teams on designing, operating, troubleshooting scalable and highly available Data Center network infrastructure.
What You'll Do
We are looking for proactive, detailed-oriented engineers with strong technical skills in networking disciplines and good communications to join our cross-functional network Infrastructure team as Network Engineer at mission critical carrier grade network, where the service availability depends on the availability of IP network. * IoT network integration, operate, support, and troubleshoot * Support and manage all network elements, including Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and AWS in Cisco IoT BU Data Center production networks, develop/QA environments, and OOB networks * Design highly resilient network with no single point of failure; all failover fully tested on regular schedule * Collaborate with Network Architects, Servers, Developers, DBA, Application, Security, and NOC teams on designing scalable and highly available network infrastructure platforms * Engage in all aspects of building and maintaining the production infrastructure and services * Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting for SaaS infrastructure * Troubleshoot and resolve production issues * Participate in the evaluation of new software, hardware, and infrastructure solutions * Work non-traditional hours when necessary, including a rotating on-call schedule * Regularly review the health of the network and ensure it is operating optimally. * Assess and conduct software code upgrades and keep equipment on supported versions. * Set up and maintain VPNs with customers. * Other assignments as required.
Who You Are
- Established track record of high availability for mission-critical web-based services or carrier networks.
- Mobility network integration and Business Support Sub-systems (BSS)
- Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VRF, IPSEC VPNs, etc.
- Cisco Nexus 9K/7K/5K/2K Layer-2 vPC switching technologies
- Experienced in IoT / Network Integration
- 8+ years’ experience with 24x7 data-center systems
- BS/BE or MS/ME in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related disciplines preferred, or equivalent years of experience.
- Technical knowledge: Must know high-availability environments for network systems inside out with at least 3 years of experience in mission-critical data-center environments.
- Previous experience operating in a NOC or Technical Operations/Site Reliability environment
- Proficiency with Cisco IOS/NX-OS, IOS-XR and related hardware/virtual device families (Cisco Catalyst/Nexus/ISR/ASR platforms)
- Knowledge of IPv4/6 routing and dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Practical knowledge of BGP traffic engineering and DDoS mitigation techniques
- Understanding of Ethernet switching and related protocols (802.1q, 802.1d/w/s & 802.1q-2005, 802.3ad)
- Experience with secure firewall and dynamic site-to-site IPsec VPN deployments
- Load balancing and maintenance of high availability network services on local and global scales (F5 BIG-IP LTM/GTM)
- Sharp troubleshooting faculties, deductive reasoning, and careful attention to detail
- Self-starter: Must be capable of building and running these systems on his/her own, but work well in team environment as well. Demonstrated initiatives, which improve service availability.
- Independent and self-directed work ethic when participating in a collaborative environment
- Dedicated commitment to service availability and quality customer experience
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal medium
- Experience deploying highly scalable and fault-tolerant services within public and private cloud infrastructure (AWS, VMware)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.